100% Ease of Scheduling
Schedule an appointment in a matter of minutes and be seen by a licensed behavioral physiatrist or specialist later that same day.
Confidential Telemedicine Appointments
Your privacy is our priority. Total Behavioral Health offers access to safe and secure telemedicine appointments from the comfort of your home.
Licensed Behavioral Psychiatrists
Total Behavioral offers access to licensed, experienced, and accredited behavioral psychiatrists and specialist coming from all walks of life.
What is postpartum depression?
Bringing a child into this world is an impactful change not only to your life but to your body. The experience can bring on a realm of emotions ranging from excitement and joy to fear and anxiety. It’s natural to experience some sadness and anxiety in the first few weeks after childbirth. If these feelings become overwhelming and persist beyond the first few weeks, you may be experiencing postpartum depression (PPD). Between 6.5-20% of women will develop PPD. If untreated, PPD could last for months or longer and affect the development of your child.
Postpartum depression can look and feel different for everyone. Common signs and symptoms include:
• Depressed mood or severe mood swings
• Excessive crying
• Difficulty bonding with your baby
• Withdrawing from family and friends
• Loss of appetite or eating much more than usual
• Inability to sleep (insomnia) or sleeping too much
• Overwhelming fatigue or loss of energy
• Reduced interest and pleasure in activities you used to enjoy
• Intense irritability and anger
• Fear that you’re not a good mother
• Feelings of worthlessness, shame, guilt or inadequacy
• Diminished ability to think clearly, concentrate or make decisions
• Severe anxiety and panic attacks
• Thoughts of harming yourself or your baby
• Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide*
*If you are experiencing thoughts of suicide call 911 or 988, the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline.
At Total Behavioral, our psychiatrists and behavioral specialists will partner with you in the convenience of your home to figure out a personalized treatment plan based on your unique needs. We’ll help you understand your different treatment options so you can choose one that’s right for you. We’ll work with you to identify the solution that best meets your treatment goals. Throughout your care journey, we’ll monitor your treatment plan closely and adjust as needed to make sure it’s working for you.
PPD Is Not a Diagnosis Of Weakness
Schedule a telemedicine consultation within minutesBook Now